Passed ITIL V3 Foundation exam

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
moink

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 am

Hi,

I am new to ITIL and this forum.I recently attended ITIL v3 Foundation training at my office and appeared for the exam.I scored 36/40 in the exam.

I primarily work in the technical & application management areas(Java,J2ee,ecm etc).

I would like someone to advice me as to which ITIL exam can I take up next

I am primarily interested in management aspects such as project management,strategy etc

Thanks

UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 am

Have you heard of Google ?
Try doing a search on Google for ITIL Certification

This will give you the path for the courses for the intermediate / and the final bunch of courses

Note: The rest of the courses / exams are classroom only - virtual or physical and not self study
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
DYbeach
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 am

There are other certification bodies that you could investigate if you wanted to learn more about project management. One is (somewhat surprisingly) called the Project Management Institute. I believe thier credentials are quite well regarded.
DYbeach
ITIL V3 Release, Control & Validation,
ITIL V3 Operation SUpport & Analysis
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Timo
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 am

I would start looking into ITIL V4 exams. After all V3 is all but gone in a couple of years.
DYbeach
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Timo wrote:I would start looking into ITIL V4 exams. After all V3 is all but gone in a couple of years.
No! No! Please no!!!! :evil:
DYbeach
ITIL V3 Release, Control & Validation,
ITIL V3 Operation SUpport & Analysis
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
TomOzITIL_2
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:57 am

Save your time and money. An ITIL V3 Foundation certificate is all you will ever need. In fact I suggest that you waltz into your CEO's office and demand a healthy pay-rise due to this highly sought after certificate.

If he asks for some justification, just use some of your new-found ITIL terminology to dazzle and confound him/her.
Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:51 am

moink wrote:I am primarily interested in management aspects such as project management,strategy etc
Since ITIL is exclusively about IT service management, I rather suspect that all ITIL exams concern "management aspects", but it will barely touch project management and, while it will underpin strategy management, I doubt if much of it will directly teach you about strategy management as I understand the term.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
dolly

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Try Prince 2 for Project Management its what all our PM's have to have under their belts... any tips for revising I am bored of listening to the same voice on the E learning course my company gave me...
alternatifer

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:46 am

Hi,

I just passed my PMP Exam last month and it feels good :D

If you want to learn about Project Management i would strongly suggest you to take PMP.

Between PMP or Prince2 is actually depends on your targeted company or career for the future. There are countries or companies that values one after the other. From what i read, PMP is more hard compare to Prince2. I can't tell for Prince2, but passing PMP is not something you can do with just a few days prep.

Good luck..