case for a liar

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
transformer

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:41 am

Hi guys ,
do u have any idea about how to discover if somebody is pirating his ITIL SM certificate, lying to his company & saying he has taken it . How can we prove it from OGC , does this require ITIL foundation ID , & what if it is not available ???

Can this be discovered ??

thechosenone69
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:34 am

Hi tranformer,

Yes this can be verified through the exam provider and the certificate number. You should find those details on the certificate, you can then email the provider ex: exin to verify the details using the unique certificate ID.
Ali Makahleh
Configuration Management(Blue Badge),
ITILV2 Service Manager(Red Badge),
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:42 am

You can go to the ITIL Official site, and check on the Successfulo Candidates Register - this includes all EIs, but people can opt not to have their details included
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance
transformer

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:20 pm

the problem is that I don't have any certificate for him , no ID , all what I have is the name .
what I want help in , How many ITIL providers around the world , are they 3 only or more ???. & can I mail them or I have to be an authorized person to ask them about the information ??
I don't need something optional , I need a place where all ITIL certificate handlers are found obligatory not optional . ( i.e: when every body has an ITIL certificate , he is registered by a unique ID world wide . is this right ????
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:32 pm

There is no such place. The official site covers all the Examination Institutes, of which there are now several. You cannot ask APMG or the Examination Institutes to give you information without the permission of the candidate - that would be illegal.
I would check that site, and failing that, ask for his certificate
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance
Timo
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:30 am

Ask the person for the certificate (original). If he/she refuses to provide one, then assume they don't have it. That's what I would do.
SwissTony
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:43 am

Hmmmmm just tried searching the Successfull Candidates Register for myself, & no entries were found. I have my certificate here.

So if you don't get any results frmo there, it is not necessarily true.
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:57 am

I have done something that I normally dont do. I stayed quiet on this one

However, I am now ready to put my 1 pence in or 1.58 cents in

transformer: are you in HR or included as part of the Human Resources department team that is vetting / verifying staff ?

If not, Why are you so interested in 'proving' some one does not have the credentials ?

Did he take a role you wanted ?
Did he win an argument / decision regarding something in the area of ITIL ?

Or are you trying to see if you can bluff the world by saying you have credentials in ITIL when the others can NOT prove this

Either way, there are several legal - employment, personal - minefields in trying to 'expose' some one.

If you have concerns on some one's competence and level of knowledge, your first step is your own mgmt chain and of course your HR representative
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter