ITIL V3 certification-Show cases Intelligence or Wealth ?

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.

What ITIL V3 intermediate certificate show cases ?

Intelligence of candidate
67%
Wealth of candidate
No votes
Both Intelligence and Wealth
33%

Total votes: 3
sntjosh
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 am

In ITIL V3 certification, training is made as a mandatory step, which will make you shell out of lot of money. Minimum amount that any one can spend to pass one module in either Capacity or Life Cycle stream is 500 Euros Book & online cheap course). Since minimum 5 modules to be completed to acrue minimum required points to clear intermediate level, total minimum cost is 2500 Euros. With this in mind, let us think if the ITIL V3 intermediate certification holders represents intelligence or wealth ?.
The poll is to capture your opinion of what ITIL V3 intermediate certificate show cases ?.
1) Intelligence of candidate
2) Wealth of candidate
3) Both Intelligence and Wealth
4) Neither Intelligence nor Wealth

Timo
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:37 am

I have stated my opinion before... ITIL v3 in itself, as a set of good (now I guess) practices is... well, good I guess. In general it has decent information that allows me to make improvements for my clients and within my own company... or so I would like to believe.

As a certification path it is a money grab from both training institutions and the people taking the exams.

I also think that since that a lot of folks who take V3 classes are sent to do so by their organizations, it probably doesn't not represent individual holder's wealth. Neither do I think holding V3 certifications represent individual holders intelligence... let's face it, ITIL is not a rocket science.

Also, to go all ITIL on you - define intelligence.

So to me it's #4 - neither.
DYbeach
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:38 am

ITIL may not be rocket science, but then I am not a rocket scientist or any other kind of mental giant. I worked hard to pass RCV. And it was self funded. And now I am working hard to pass OSA - also self funded.
My motivation? To continue to stake a claim in this competitive industry. As an 'old person' I feel I have to prove I can cut it with the younglings.
Something must be working. I'm about to change jobs 8)
DYbeach
ITIL V3 Release, Control & Validation,
ITIL V3 Operation SUpport & Analysis
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Timo
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:28 pm

...used to be the opposite - the "younglings" had to prove their worth. What's the world coming to? 8O