Business Case for ITIL Master

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
tisiraptor

Business Case for ITIL Master

Post by tisiraptor » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:49 am

I am currently putting together a business case for me to pursue the ITIL Master qualification. If I can put a strong enough case together my employer will pay for me to go through certification, if not, then I will have to pay for it myself.

Does anybody have any experience of putting together a business case for this? The personal and business benefits will probably be pretty similar for all companies and staff (although I appreciate that the personal benefits will vary more), so anything that anybody is will to share will be of great help, particularly if it results in saving me over £2,500!

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

George

Kranti
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Post by Kranti » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:46 pm

are you still in need of this
Kranti Kiran Kumar Gedela

Project Manager - SAP

ITIL® Expert
Prince2®
CSM® CSPO® CSP®
PMI® SAP®
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt ®

Cousens

Post by Cousens » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:02 am

Hi, like the previous person any help you can provide would be helpful on putting together a business case

Thanks

Shaun

AMAL

Post by AMAL » Tue May 03, 2016 3:57 am

Looks like no one is available to help on this topic in this group. Is there any master certified members in this forum?
Amal Anand
Project Manager

ClaireAgutter1
Itiler
Itiler

Post by ClaireAgutter1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:10 am

Hi all

I looked at building a business case for ITIL Master myself and I couldn't do it. I've not seen any demand from recruiters or within the industry so for me I couldn't justify it for my role.

The cost of getting ITIL Master isn't enormous, it's more the time that needs to be dedicated to getting it.

If you want to build a business case I would suggest looking at what you think it will add to your role (how will it help you/your company perform better) and trying to attach some numbers to that.

As it's a validation of an individual's knowledge and experience from an employer's perspective I guess it could look pretty risky, I view it as having more value for independent consultants.

Good luck! Claire