ITIL Practitioner Certifications/exams - Support and restore

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
Ashoka

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:27 am

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post in this forum and I apologize if this question was asked before.

Note that I have done my ITIL foundation V3 and ready to pursue ITIL Practitioner ( Support and Release ) . However, I am not interested in attending any class rooms and want to just refer the documentation and appear for exams.

May I know if this is a feasible approach. I am currently working as IT Service Manager from last 2-3 years and have gone through all phases of Service Management. But want to get the certification done.

Also need to know where/how can I get online documentation and exams papers ( test ) so that I can refer and appear for online exams.

How much would be the approximate cost for just appearing the exams ?

-Ashoka
Des Moines, IOWA

ClaireAgutter1
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi Ashoka, I don't think that ITIL Practitioner Support and Restore is available as an exam any more. The 'old' practitioner exams were associated with the previous version of ITIL.

There is a new ITIL Practitioner which you can self study for and book exams through companies like Peoplecert and EXIN for around $300. There is an official book published by AXELOS that you can buy to help you study, and you can download the syllabus from the AXELOS website.

Feedback at the moment though is that the exam is very tough, so you might consider using an online course to help you prepare. Good luck,

Claire