Itil foundation v2 or v3

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
AndreaS

Sun May 14, 2017 9:49 am

Hi,
I want study for Itil foundation certification, without course, but I don't understand differences between itil v2 and v3.
In pearsonVe site exam name is: itil foundation exam but is v2 or v3?
Thank you for support.
Andrea

UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sun May 14, 2017 2:05 pm

V2 is not the current. So any book or study guide currently out - Since 2011 - shall be for v3 - which is not called v3 or 2011. Just ITIL

So any exam will also be the current version.

The big difference is that the latest version is more holistic that then previous version.
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
AndreaS

Wed May 17, 2017 11:58 am

UKVIKING wrote:V2 is not the current. So any book or study guide currently out - Since 2011 - shall be for v3 - which is not called v3 or 2011. Just ITIL

So any exam will also be the current version.

The big difference is that the latest version is more holistic that then previous version.

Thank for your answer.
Today I was discussing with a colleague about ITIL and he told me that there is a version after v3 called 2011.
It is true?
So the current foundation certification is based on 2011 version?
I'm confused...

Thank for support.
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed May 17, 2017 2:24 pm

During the time from the change over from Service Delivery & Service Support (version 2) to the more holistic approach now; the new version was referred to as both v3 and 2011.

V3 was used during the initial replacement of the ITIL design so that the courses could be differentiated.

In 2011, there was a revision to ITIL v3 so people started referring to ITIL 2011 rather than v3

Regardless.. the books u will find out that have publish dates in this decade are all the current version
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter