Knowledge Management and its effectiveness

Discuss topics on the fringe of ITIL, including relationships with other approaches.
ChethanDaniel

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:13 pm

I am currently looking for a topic for Knowledge Management but am unable to find any.

Hence I am posting my query on here. If you guys know where I could post this, If there was a relevant topic under which I should be posting this please help.

My query with Knowledge Management is that I have been working on it for quite a while and I get different ideas from different people about it when I ask them about knowledge management.

So I am using this forum to hoping that I would get some answers to my Questions

1. Is KEDB a part of the Knowledge Management Processor Problem Management Process.

2. Is it viable to have a Knowledge Manager (Since we have a problem, change and Incident Manager) to roll out the process or Should there be a team that work as Knowledge Management analysts

3. Should the Knowledge Management team be a team that is responsible for data mining?

4. What are the different roles that would be defined when creating a knowledge management process (I know this question is quite basic but I would like to hear about people who have implemented the process and how they have managed handling the different roles defined within the knowledge management process)

I hope these questions are not to rudimentary that they get ignored. :)

Thank you all for your support.

alisha

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:36 am

Knowledge management (KM) is the process of capturing, developing, sharing, and effectively using organisational knowledge. It refers to a multi-disciplined approach to achieving organisational objectives by making the best use of knowledge.