Best way to study ITIL

Notification of conferences and seminars which focus on, or include, ITIL content
Mrais

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi,

i just got my CISA certification and I wanna get the ITIL certification, I m wondering how long it will takes me to be ready to pass the exam and what study method should I follow.

Thanks

Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 am

The best study method by far:

depends on
- your knowledge and experience of IT service management
- your temperament and personality
- the amount of time you can devote to it regularly
- your intellectual capacity
- whether you just want another certificate or you would like to gain a deeper understanding of ITSM
- the availability of resources, including books, experienced colleagues, trainers/teachers

Since you did not give us any clues about any of these (all right; one possible inference about one of them), I cannot see how to give you any more detasiled advice.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Mrais

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks Diarmid for your answer, actually i m a help desk analyst and i m planning to work in the IS audit/consultancy domain, i can spend aroud 4/5hr a week for this training, i have an ITIL v3 Foundation training book that one of my collegue gave me. I m not doing the ITIL certification just to have mor certifications, but because i really think it can help me for my career.
Thanks
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:48 pm

I would advise about 4 or 5 weeks at that level of commitment. Make sure that your book overs the new syllabus, released at the end of the year. You might want to try a self-study or e-learning course to direct your learning
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance