Continual Service Improvement

Notification of conferences and seminars which focus on, or include, ITIL content
elbow
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:28 am

hi guys

Im in a PM role at present but looking to get a better undestanding of service improvement and thought the CSi module would be suitable. however, i only have the foundation v3 and prince2 foundation but i have heard u need a very good knowledge of other modules in order to complete this. Would there not be enoughginfo in the module notes themselves to pass this module without knowing in depth, the other disciplines?
any advice would be very much appreciated.

ClaireAgutter
Itiler
Itiler

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 am

Hi elbow

If you're looking to take the CSI Lifecycle module then your V3 Foundation will be sufficient preparation. Each Lifecycle course is standalone and you don't need to have completed all the other courses to sit them.

You can download a copy of the CSI syllabus here:
[Admin: no links please]

This will help you decide if the course is what you need. You can then take a classroom or elearning course which will be tailored to the syllabus.

Kind regards

Claire
elbow
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:46 am

Thanks Claire, that's reassurring as i see the pass rates are quite low for this module and i wondered why.
ClaireAgutter
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:29 am

The link in my post was to the ITIL Official Site btw, didn't realise there were no links here.

The CSI pass rate has been lower than some of the other Lifecycle exams. Feedback from our delegates is that it's more business focused and high level than the other exams like Design, Transition etc which are targeted more to the individual processes.

I think delegate's experience can trip them up because they look at what's been done in their own organisations in the past and maybe don't get all the ITIL 'clues' (not rushing into tactical solutions, getting business agreement etc)

But there are 2 reasons to take any training course - one is to the pass the exam and the other is to actually learn something :wink:
elbow
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 am

Thanks Claire, useful input. I'm still learning alot and only really know the ITIL way so am open to it's teachings perhaps more than most. I think its a great module to take on and i will enrol next week to begin reading.
ClaireAgutter
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 am

Good luck with the training and the exam :)
elbow
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 am

Thanks claire, i may well need it! :?