ITIL intermediate qualifications

Notification of conferences and seminars which focus on, or include, ITIL content
charu

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:11 pm

I have passed my ITIL v3 foundation exam yesterday. When Im thinking about the next level,ther eis a doubt came up in my mind.

Intermediate level have 2 sections as Service Level (5 modules)and service capability(4 sections). Is it necessary to take each module from the each sections in order to pass the intermediate level OR any module out of 9 modules will help to pass the intermediate level.? What is the criteria in order to pass the level?
Can anyone one please answer me?

LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 am

This is answered on another thread
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance
SandraC

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:19 am

Hi Charu

Lifecycle modules award 3 credits and Capability modules award 4 credits. 9 credits are required for one to be Intermediate certified. You already have 2 credits as you’re Foundation certified and would require another 7 credits.
You can take up one module from Lifecycle stream and another from Capability, thus gaining the 7 requisite credits to be Intermediate certified.

CSI from Lifecycle is a module which will provide you with more benefits as regardless of what profile you hold in your organization, it will provide you more in-depth knowledge of best practice in implementation of Continual improvement activities.

If you’re in Service Operation, you can go for OSA (operational Support Analysis); likewise SOA (Service Offerings and Agreements) for any IT professional engaged with agreements and offerings.
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:11 pm

I have been involved in ITIL training for many years, and have to disagree with the statement that you need 9 credits to be Intermediate qualified. There us no such official designation or rule. You take one or more of the intermediate level courses to help you in your work. Only if you want to progress to Expert Level does t matter how many credits you have earned. You need 17 to be able to sit the MALC course - if successful there, you have achieved expert.
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance