Question

Discusssions, questions and answers relating to the open project: The ITIL Guide
vampirephenom
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:38 am

Hi,

I currently am facing 2 challenges. Need some help.

1. We are in the process of migrating a new ITSM platform and as such are revisiting the SLAs. There has been no problem in defining them. However, one of the application teams who provides support, work on a different SLAs. Hence there is a conflict, say for example, if P1 in normal scenario is to be resolved in 2 hours, this particular application team has an SLA of 4 hours for P1. How can this be negotiated or what should be a better approach?

2. An incident is raised as a P4 at 09:00, but the impact then increases through the day leading to a decision to escalate to P2 at 12:00.
When calculating the P2 SLA should the start time be taken as 12:00 (when it was escalated) or should it be backdated to 09:00 (when it was raised)?
There have been different thoughts – (1) raise a different P2 and link the original P4 as child. (2) SLA for P2 starts from 12 PM. I understand that this again depends on how it has been agreed with the business and how the tool is configured.

Corde Wagner
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Greetings. I posted a reply to this same question over in the ITIL Discussion section.
Corde Wagner
ITIL 4 Managing Professional - ITIL v3 Expert - v2 Red Badge - VeriSM-Plus - Certified Agile Service Manager