Life Cycle or Capability?

Discussion of any ITIL or related issues that don't fit well into any of the above.
Navigator

Wed May 09, 2012 5:11 pm

I am trying to decide which ITIL route to take - either the Life Cycle or Capability path.

I am late fifties and looking to work freelance in the London area. I have a particular interest in IT and ticketing processes. I have worked as an Business/Operations Analyst in telecoms - and I have experience of manufacturing and retail.

Anyone got any thoughts as to which route to take and why?

I have seen very few job ads for the Life Cycle route which seems rather odd.

Kranti
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:28 am

Life Cycle Modules are more integrated along with the projects .If you are looking for only one module then i suggest that you pick Capability module as this has more details
Kranti Kiran Kumar Gedela

Project Manager - SAP

ITIL® Expert
Prince2®
CSM® CSPO® CSP®
PMI® SAP®
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt ®
CraleneAguilar

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:14 am

Navigator wrote:I am trying to decide which ITIL route to take - either the Life Cycle or Capability path.

I am late fifties and looking to work freelance in the London area. I have a particular interest in IT and ticketing processes. I have worked as an Business/Operations Analyst in telecoms - and I have experience of manufacturing and retail.

Anyone got any thoughts as to which route to take and why?

I have seen very few job ads for the Life Cycle route which seems rather odd.
To fully decide. Here are the basic differences of the two. By the way, Lifecycle is for those people working ‘on’ ITSM implementation and Capability is for those working ‘in’ the daily process activities.
kevinkruse26

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:33 am

The lifecycle and the abilities movement do have a great overlap of fabric, however, the capabilities movement goes into more element about the procedures concerned, for this reason developing, to exercise IT methods in place of simply manipulating them. The abilities syllabus is more prescriptive and covers an in depth view of the inputs, sports, ideas, metrics and outputs of every process.