Difficulty with ITIL

Discussion of any ITIL or related issues that don't fit well into any of the above.
jamesbowers

Thu May 30, 2019 4:29 am

I'm having a ton of difficulty with ITIL, I'm finding it mind numbing and I can't seem to retain the content, does anyone have any good study sources? I've searched all over online and can't seem to find a resource.

Corde Wagner
Itiler
Itiler

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:49 pm

Hello James,

I've been a huge fan of ITIL since I first discovered it, and I think what made it much easier for me to relate to (which then I hope it would be less mind numbing) was taking a professionally delivered Foundations class. That was back in version 2 and the instructor was able to relate the different processes to how it applies to what I was doing in IT at and up to that time.

I have to also tell you that I recently took an ITIL 4 (aka: version 4) Foundations with Suzanne Van Hove (GogoTraining or the ITIL Premier Club) and having a really good instruction explain the foundations of ITIL 4 truly helped me to relate to the new ideas being presented.

If you are not working in IT and/or Service Management, the concepts can be challenging if you only read an OGC ITIL book, and for that reason alone I'd start with a professionally delivered Foundations course presented by Suzanne.

I hope this helps.

Corde
Corde Wagner
ITIL v3 Expert - ITILv4 - CASM - VeriSM-Plus