PPt presenatation

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
Neelam

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:03 am

hi all,

This is my first post...I have asked to do a ppt presentation and calculate the resource and staffing requirement for a US company. I have done teh calculations but finding it difficult to show in ppt....i m not sure about the flow.

Does someone have any ppt to share which shows this kind of calculations,considerations etc...

tomkin
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am

Ukviking has some, he will be able to help you :)
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 am

tomkin

you are just evil

Neelam

the answer is quite simple

number of staff - # in a text box on a page of the powerpoint

that is it

you can put how you calculate the # on the next line in a smaller font
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
swansong
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:39 am

"but finding it difficult to show in ppt...."

My advice would be to use a reasonable font size, at least quite big, if not big. Don't go for massive, as you will probably only get one character per page.

Secondly, don't use the same colour font as the background to the presentation, as this will hide the detail (regardless of font size).

Use a language which is appropriate to the target audience. (I once gave a presentation in English to a non English speaking audience. And i still got paid.)

Other than that, best of luck, and get in touch if you need any more help[/quote]
Neelam

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:56 am

HI all..thanks for all the suggestions.

Thing is i have been given the initial data for resource calculation for a US company and asked to presentation on it ...although they didnt tell me clearly ..where to do presenataion for entire helpdesk function or just show the resourcing part.

I have already calculated the resourcing and staffing ..however since i have not done this kind of presenatation earlier ..need some help with it.

What I would appreciate if someone has any powerpoint which shows the flow of this calculation and things that needs to be highlighted .
SwissTony
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:02 am

Hi Neelam....

"...although they didnt tell me clearly..."

Either ask for clarification or use your initiative.

"What I would appreciate if someone has any powerpoint which shows the flow of this calculation and things that needs to be highlighted ."

Doubt anyone will give you a presentation for 2 reasons: the contents will be confidential, surely you should now how to make a presentation. (tell then what you are going to tell them / tell them / tell them what you told them). Add in a few graphics to stop people falling asleep & voila.
Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:45 am

Swisstony,

you are surely not suggesting decide what to say before you do the slides? That's new to me!
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
SwissTony
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:55 am

No......but now you mention it..........that's genius. :idea:
Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:20 am

Thanks.

I'll put it on my CV.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Neelam

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:13 am

well if it too weird i have never done a presentation b4...but i guess this will be my first time ...i wasnt expecting somone to share the exact process ...just a guideline on how to proceed with it .
rpmason
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 am

Guidelines? Guidelines? We don't need no steenkeen...

Google "Presentation Zen" or
"Garr Reynolds" "Organization & Preparation Tips"

He's a bit over the top (IMHO) but his principles are solid.
Ruth Mason
USA
DYbeach
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Neelam wrote:well if it too weird i have never done a presentation b4...but i guess this will be my first time ...i wasnt expecting somone to share the exact process ...just a guideline on how to proceed with it .
There's a first time for everyone. Everyone has been a PowerPoint Virgin.

PPT is an MS Office product and as such is not rocket science.

Don't get hung up on the fact that it's PPT. It's just the conduit. Focus on the information you need to deliver.

When it comes to using the product, just remember, if you have too much information in each slide people will get bored. Use the KISS principle. Have questions. Break it up a little
DYbeach
ITIL V3 Release, Control & Validation,
ITIL V3 Operation SUpport & Analysis
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
MBU
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:58 am

"Call Center Mathematics, A scientific method for understanding and improving contact centers" from Ger Koole, Version of January 26, 2007

Maybe it's a bit off topic, but it's always worth to have a close look at this if you've to calculate a SD.