Follow the sun service desk

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
gboskin

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:11 am

Hi Guys I am trying to setup a follow the sun support using SCOM .

At the moment we have two main regions UK and Canada and each region has an Incident manager to handle incident and Ticket manager to allocate help desk tickets and monitor environment in real time .

Would also like tickets to be passed between shifts or regions

I need to get but working as one team .. any idea ,.. has anybody implement this and can share pro cons and tips

Thanks

Tomek
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:31 pm

I worked for a moment in such setup (3 timezones: EU, US, Asia) in critical system with high volume of tickets.

Here are some challenges we experienced:
- if you pass the ticket to another timezone it won't necessarily speed-up the ticket resolution in case clarifications from end-user are needed (originator time-zone should be the primary contact point for the user and should make everything clear before passing tickets further)
- in our case it was worth to pass only some of critical incidents between timezones, especially when tickets were related with some global infrastructure providers which have 24h support too
- information exchange (handovers) was crucial. In our case we organized overlapping meetings between timezones, especially for hot periods. Unfortunately it resulted in 9h long working day for service managers :(
- KPIs definition & measurement was tricky, especially for tickets suspended on User