Multiple incident handling processes

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
tuefind

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:21 am

Hi all

In our company we have a servicedesk using an old version (i think) of Rememdy. Its build on ITIL processes incident, change, problem, servicereq. We have those proceses in visio also. Not describing in detail how to do things, but still, we know how to use the system.
We have more than 50 customers calling us, and for that, in order to know how to handle each the best way, we have an internal wiki page with drawn processes for each since they have different handling. It works fine.

Those anyone else have it like this? I hope i am explaining it correctly :? I was just wondering if this is normal? If normal excists? I dont think we can only have the itil incident management process to describe how to handle each customer

Br Tue

tuefind

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:07 am

ok...245 views but no answers. So is this because question is "stupid" or maybe just something people havent encountered before? Or maybe i am just explaining it poorly :)
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:00 pm

First, there is no expectation that any one will respond.

No SLA or OLA in place

Second, your post is NOT Stupid

However, the situation is

In a nutshell, there should be 1 process for incident that all customers expect t be delivered.

The only difference is the customer point of contacts and the types of services being delivered

1 - one customer may have applciations
another - servers, another both, another end user devices, another windows os.. etc

different support teams would be assigned work based ont eh impacted it device
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter