Quality Management System (QMS)

General discussion on all aspects of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
batgirlUB8
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:25 am

Has anyone implemented a QMS based on the ITSM processes within their organisation?

UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 am

Quality Management System are usually not part of the ITSM Processes. However, some quality activities such as standards and governance would be part of the IT SM Processes
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
batgirlUB8
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 am

Hi John

Thanks for your message. I know that QMS is not part of ITSM, I am looking to assess how effectively the processes and practices of an ITSM has been implemented. I would like to know if anybody else has done such a study?
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:54 am

You don't need a QMS system to assess how effective an IT SM process is. It is quite much of an overkill.

1 - Every company from a one man shop to a congolomrate does IT SM whether they heard of ITIL, CoBIT, ISO20000, etc.

The only difference is whether they are effective at it.

Using comparative analysis -
how long did it take to do X before; how long does it take to do X now that some formal better practices have been implemented

A QMS would be helpful along side of the Project management processes as well as in conjunction with a CMDB. but that is another story
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
batgirlUB8
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:23 am

Hi John, you are quite right.

As per the definition: A quality management system (QMS) is a collection of business processes focused on consistently meeting customer requirements and enhancing their satisfaction. It is aligned with an organisation's purpose and strategic direction (ISO9001:2015).

My tasked project is to assess how well we are delivering good practice to our end users and customers and to ensure we continually look to improve and enhance their experience. I was interested to know if others had carried out a similar study.