ITIL Practitioner Exam Help

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
jtbyrne1234

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:19 am

I have recently failed the ITIL Practitioner and need help with getting through the resit.Can anybody help ?

AbnRgr

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:44 pm

Sorry to hear about the exam. You should receive feedback from the test center with the percentage of correct answers in each area. If you compare the feedback with the course syllabus, you should be able to identify the areas to go back and restudy.
Corde L. Wagner Sr.
ITIL v2 'Red Badge', ITIL v3 Expert, ITIL v4, CASM
sdvanhove

Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Hey jtbyrne1234...
Sorry to hear about your exam - know that it's not an easy exam and it's a bit harder because folks think that open book makes it easier... Not true! You still have to prepare just like if you were taking a closed book exam... So, my suggestions:
  • Depending on how you took the class -- either review videos or review course materials.
  • Use the syllabus -- it explains exactly what you need to know -- key terms, guiding principles, CSI approach, metrics and measurement, communication principles, and OCM. The exam clearly has questions in each of these areas -- know the key material without having to look it up.
  • Really know the case study -- I know the case now has mapped out the relationships between the various elements but do it yourself to truly understand the connections.
  • Tab the book to find key lists without fumbling (e.g., Table 2.1, outcomes of each of the CSI steps, Table 6.3, etc...)
  • Review the toolkit examples -- they do come up in the exam questions. (Honestly, not all of them made sense but you need to have a general understanding)
  • Really use the sample exams -- read the justifications, look up the material references.

Hope this helps -- good luck with your re-sit...
Suzanne Van Hove
Suzanne D. Van Hove, Ed.D.
SED-IT, CEO & Founder
Lead Author, VeriSM
JTC1/SC40/WG2 Convenor
jtbyrne1234

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Thanks everyone, a big chunk of the answers left me with just 2 to pick from after a process of elimination.
Mind is blown!